Available via Distance Learning only.
Courses: 6 per program
Tuition: $950 per program
Enroll by printable enrollment form
Green Building Expertise Certificate Programs
For those seeking green building expertise credentials who
don’t need a full academic degree. Choose from any of our
low-cost, expert-accredited, distance learning certificate
Each certificate program includes five textbook-based study
courses, and one non-textbook, 10-15 page mini thesis.
Upon completion of your specialized study, you’ll earn:
- A Certificate of Achievement and subject-matter Expert Accreditation of your studies for wall display and portfolio.
- Letters of Recommendation from your faculty reviewer and one or more of our subject-matter experts.
- Published membership in a new National Registry of Certified Green Building Professionals, to be published and posted on our Web site and announced worldwide, starting in January 2012.
Study at home and/or in your office. You will be able to apply
your studies directly to your day-to-day professional work,
and visa versa. You’ll be responsible for purchasing your
textbooks, many of which will be already be required professional
reading in your work.
Choose any one or more of these expert-accredited, distance
learning green certificate programs:
- CG-1 Certified Green Remodeling and Retrofit Consultant
- CG-2 Certified Green Building Construction Manager
- CG-3 Certified Green Real Estate Development Consultant
- CG-4 Certified Green Schools Design Consultant
- CG-5 Certified Green Medical Facilities Design Consultant
- CG-6 Certified Green Office Buildings Design Consultant
- CG-7 Certified Green Roofs Design Consultant
- CG-8 Certified Solar Energy Design and Management Consultant
- CG-9 Certified Indoor Air Quality Analyst and Consultant
- CG-10 Certified Green Interior Design Consultant
- CG-11 Certified Green Landscape and Site Planning Consultant
- CG-12 Certified Green Business Administrator
Enroll now by printable enrollment form
All courses are textbook based and 100% self paced. Average time
for completion of a program ranges from six to twelve weeks.
Typical study time averages one hour four days or evenings weekly,
and three to four hours on weekends. Self-paced, self-directed
study requires no deadlines.
Student work consists of summaries of textbook readings,
submitted by email. Each submittal is reviewed and graded by
green building SFIA faculty. The final course in each program,
a mini-thesis of 10-15 pages, will be coached and accredited
by a subject-matter expert.
With subject-matter expert accreditation and continuing education
credit, SFIA offers the most widely accepted, highest-level
educational credentials of any school of its kind.